It is Black Friday this 2016 and everyone is excited. Traditionally, Black Friday refers to the day after Thanksgiving and the Friday before Cyber Monday in the United States. More recently, African companies have adopted the Black Friday shopping even to offer special discounts on a wide range of products.
Online shopping security is a big problem in Nigeria. There are issues of credit card fraud, fraudulent sellers and buyers which has made Cash on Delivery the most used payment method in Nigeria and most parts of Africa.
Here a few tips to keep you safe and grabbing the best deals this shopping fiesta.
- Subscribe to Shopping Sites Newsletter
- Install the mobile app of your favorite shopping sites.
- Activate Push Notification on your shopping app
- Compare Prices – Trust no shopping site.
- Follow your favorite shopping site on social media – Facebook, Twitter.
Security & Payment
Found the exciting deals of the year? You need to thread carefully.
- Make sure your anti-virus is up to date.
- Ensure you enter your card details on secure sites only
- Is cash on delivery payment option available? Go for it!
- Never pay into a seller’s account – use the promoted payment method by the shopping site.
- Verify products before making payment to the delivery guy.
With these tips, should be good enjoying the big sales on 25th November.
Here is a list of online stores offering Black Friday Deals in 2016
Love this article? Share with your friends to enjoy too.